Congrats again to Janice Villanueva for a very successful Mompreneur Summit!
It's been almost a week since the 1st Mompreneur Summit. And I'm so pumped up with all the information, I still feel high from the energy that day and inspired from all the speakers! I'm really glad I attended the summit.
Flooded Buendia!It rained so hard the previous night, it was still raining when I woke up. Good thing the rain stopped but Buendia was still flooded when I passed that the Manila bound lane became two-way! When I got to the Bahia Ballroom, I was relieved that it hasn't started yet!
- Moms are natural entrepreneurs, sharers and networkers. We are creative, resourceful and nurturers.
- We are active consumers and real life product tester.
- Start with a vision! Think Big!
- The Three Ps: Personal Goals, Passions, Priorities
- Strive for excellence: good quality & customer service
- Don't be afraid to dream!
- You need to own one thing
- Turn into crisis into an opportunity
- If I remove your company, will I miss you?
- Each empty box is an opportunity you can enter
- Communicate your uniqueness
- Turn your disadvantage into an advantage
In between speakers, we were given snacks. This was my seat...
Amor Maclang, Director for Communications of GeislerMaclang Marketing Communications was the second speaker for that day. She spoke about advertising and marketing. She told the story how they made the campaign for Jamba Juice. She also made a lot of great points on marketing which was really helpful. I can't help but imagine what the future holds for me and my future business!
- Always benchmark you work internationally
- Scale your business into the scale you want
- There's no subtlety in your business
- Don't be afraid to collaborate
One of my favorite speakers for that day was Krie Reyes-Lopez, founder of Messy Bessy. She and her work and advocacy are really inspiring! I was so awed that I wasn't able to write any notes. How her business came about and her big heart is an inspiration. I'm trying to find her story on the internet so I can share it with you but I'm still looking for it!
Fourth speaker was Janette Toral, founder of DigitalFilipino.com. Basically, she spoke about what are the foundation or things to consider when putting a website or an online store. Two words I got from her talk was to stand out and influence!
- Three Pillars of Influece: Reach, Resonance, and Relevence.
The next speaker was the very successful Anton Diaz, who we all know as Mr. Our Awesome Planet.
Here he spoke about creating your online persona. He said "Today, bloggers are modern historians." Do you agree? By this time, there's so much information! He was a bit in a hurry during his talk so I took photos of his slides na lang. Hehe! But one thing he said I'm definitely going to do was TO LIVE YOUR PASSION!
The last speaker but not the least was Jen Tan! Whoot! Jen Tan, owner of Like Minds Inc. (creator of Next9 products) talked about Time Management! Her talk was really helpful! As in super!
Some points during her talk:
- Make lists and weekly schedule calendar
- Learn how to prioritize
- Create a routine
- Set boundaries
- Learn how to delegate
- Build in allowances
These are just snippets! I want to create a document for all the notes I made plus the slides I took photos of. The summit was really really informative and gave me an insight of what is it like in the real world. I'm really glad I got the chance to attend this! I got to meet a lot of moms, I met Gel Colet of Swell Sweets and Ethel of Celestina and Co! It was really a great event to connect with other moms! I'm looking forward to use everything I've learned in this summit! Once again, thank you and congratulations, Janice Villanueva!!! :)
Some more photos from the summit!
Photo from Mommy Pages