Speaking of heat, Y has bungang araw on her neck and at the back of her neck. It's itchy because she scratches it every time. I don't want to put powder because it may be harmful to her. I don't want to put medicine or any ointments or creams. I want a natural remedy. I tried putting Indigo Baby's Jar of Hope but it's not going away. With the super hot weather, it's not really helping!
So I searched for home remedies, and these are a few things I read from this site and would try at home.
- Oatmeal baths once or twice a day (Homemade Oatmeal Bath - How To) - already made my "oatmeal powder".
- Keep the skin clean and avoid use of harsh soap (We use Aveeno Baby which has natural oat formula.)
- Gently wash skin with washcloth and lukewarm water and pat on mixture of one part alcohol and three parts water
- Make a mixture of one teaspoon baking soda per cup of cool water. Damp washcloth in this mixture and pat on for five to ten minutes. Do this four to five times a day.
- Wear lightweight and loose clothing. Allow skin to breathe.
- Avoid sweating by staying in a cool place. Air-conditioned room if you must.